Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stormy Sukkot

It is storming!! :>( We have needed rain badly since Ike, but why today? Some of the wonderful Sukkah panels bled slightly yesterday from the humidity…I can’t bear thinking about the wonderful designs drawn in “permanent markers” by my family and friends dissolving in this torrential downpour.
Earlier this morning, when it was still lightly raining, after two slightly hysterical e-mails and one voice mail from me, my Hub called me back to say that the panels all looked fine. That was before it started to rain cats, dogs, buckets and frogs. I have to stop myself from careening home to check on something that it’s too late to save anyway. I know I should focus on what is real, what is forever, what is never-ending, but I HATE real-life lessons. I prefer mine in books. They are so painlessly inspirational and neatly resolved with titles like, "Nothing Lasts But The Things That Truly Matter."
Impermanence. Fragility. Impermanence. Fragility…Sukkot.

No comments: